This magnificent and fully off-grid traditional mas sits on a sunny hillside overlooking the world-renowned vineyards of Pic Saint Loup. Equidistant to the renowned local towns of Nimes, Montpellier and Uzes, with gorgeous Mediterranean beaches only a bit further on.
It is a lovingly restored property having been largely rebuilt and extended from it’s 18th century original build and equipped with the latest technology to provide full autonomy and security.
Organised over 2 floors, the main body of the Mas de la Cret of approximately 200m2, includes a vaulted dining room, 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, a dressing room, a veranda and 3 bedrooms (possibility of converting one of the living rooms into bedroom). A 4th bedroom is a fully glazed separate structure a few meters from the house to make the most of nature.
In addition there are several lovely stone outbuildings:
• a workshop
• a garden centre
• a cave
• a water tower with a 4m3 reserve for the house (supplied by a lift pump from the source)
• several additional technical rooms (boiler room/laundry, storage of wood pellets/batteries)
• a natural clear water pool (with automatic filtration system & pH correction)
• a wood-fired Nordic bath
• a covered barbecue area
• several furnished terraces, planted beds and shady spots
• a large wood shed
• a vegetable garden
• an orchard (cherry, fig, apple, walnut, plum, loquat, almond, quince, vines, etc.)
• an aviary of about 30 m2 with a wooden chicken coop
• several reservoirs fed by the source or the ravines descending from the ridge above
• 3 parks of around 1ha each, fenced, with a covered area dedicated to animals (alpacas at the moment)
• a well (untapped, about 300m from the house)
• walking and quad biking trails inside the 35 ha estate itself, to be covered from the ridges to the lake, through the scrubland, the gorges of the ravines and the forest, to come across many wild animals living there also in this isolated corner of unspoiled nature.
The property is sold fully furnished. Contact me for more detailed technical information on the power and water installations.